NHL Quick Shifts is a daily series where we gather up the latest NHL news and links from the FanSided NHL blogosphere, as well as other NHL / hockey blogs. So with that, here is today’s edition of Quick Shifts!
- Five Lightning Players From Development Camp To Watch - The Tampa Bay Lightning held their annual prospect development camp this past week. Bolts By The Bay takes a look at five players from the camp who could potentially crack the NHL roster during the 2014-15 season. [ Bolts By The Bay ]
- Olli Jokinen In Nashville: A Long Time Coming - The Nashville Predators were 27 hours into free agency before they made their first move, signing Olli Jokinen to a one year, $2.5 million contract. However, getting Jokinen to Nashville was a process that started at the World Championships when talking to Predators goaltender and fellow Finland team mate, Pekka Rinne. [ Predlines ]
- John Gibson’s New Pacman Inspired Ducks Mask - My favorite goalie masks are those that are inspired by pop-culture in some way. John Gibson’s mask for the 2014-15 season meets that criteria, as it is inspired by the classic video game, Pacman. [ Puck Daddy ]
- Blackhawks Cap Space Crunch: Who Should Get The Tomahawk? - The Chicago Blackhawks are currently $2.2 million over the $69 million salary cap, so they are going to need to cut salary soon. Blackhawk Up takes a look at some potential cuts that could be made in order to get the Blackhawks back within the cap limits. [ Blackhawk Up ]
- The Puck Daddy All Buyout Team - Harrison Mooney of Puck Daddy has put together his take on the all buyout team, including a great Monopoly / North Stars inspired uniform. [ Puck Daddy ]