NHL Draft Quick Shifts is a special edition of our daily series where we gather up the latest NHL news and links from the FanSided NHL blogosphere, as well as other NHL / hockey blogs. So with that, here is today’s edition of Quick Shifts!
- NJ Devils to Draft Lemieux? – The New Jersey Devils and Lou Lamoriello have never shied away from trying to relive their 90’s glory years. We have seen several re-tread players, as well as a Jacques Lemair comeback since the turn of the century. In last year’s draft, the Devils selected Anthony Brodeur, son of franchise goaltender Martin Brodeur in the 7th round. This year, it appears they could be poised to take the son of another Devils great, Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude Lemieux. The Devils have the 30th pick in the first round of the 2014 draft (the pick was originally supposed to be forfeited as part of the Ilya Kovalchuk punishment, but the NHL granted the pick back). The Devils appear to have some competition from the Montreal Canadiens, who are rumored to also be interested in Lemieux with the 26th pick. [ Pucks And Pitchforks ]
- SI 2014 NHL First Round Mock Draft – Sports Illustrated has their take on the first round with their 2014 First Round Mock Draft. SI has Aaron Ekblad falling to the third overall position to the Edmonton Oilers (who we all can agree need help on the blue line). [ Sports Illustrated ]
- Predators Looking For A Forward First – With the 11th pick in the NHL Draft, it appears that the Nashville Predators will be looking to go with a forward with their pick. Predlines has a list of potential players still available when the Predators step up to the podium at the 2014 NHL Draft. [ Predlines ]
- Ranking the Most NHL-Ready Prospects In The Draft – Once the dust has settled on the 2014 NHL Draft, the next question on everyone’s mind is when the future stars of the NHL will make their debut. While some will stick to their Junior teams and others will do some time in the NHL, an increasing number of draft prospects have made the jump to the NHL each year. Bleacher Report has a ranking of the prospects most ready to make the jump to an NHL roster. [ Bleacher Report ]
- Blackhawks Top 3 Potential First Round Draft Picks – Blackhawk Up takes a quick look at three potential picks for the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the draft. Chicago has the 27th pick overall in the 2014 NHL Draft. [ Blackhawk Up ]
Stay tuned throughout the day to Too Many Men On The Site for more 2014 NHL Draft coverage. Tonight we will be live tweeting the event, as well as covering it with a live thread on the site!