Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoffs action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Columbus Blue Jackets 7:00 PM NBCSN [ Series: Tied 1-1 ]
Colorado Avalanche @ Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM NHLN [ Series: COL 2-0 ]
St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 PM CNBC [ Series: STL 2-0 ]
Anaheim Ducks @ Dallas Stars 9:30 PM NBCSN [ Series: ANA 2-0 ]
Last Night’s Results:
Philadelphia Flyers 4 New York Rangers 2 [ Series: Tied 1-1 ]
Detroit Red Wings 1 Boston Bruins 4 [ Series: Tied 1-1 ]
Tampa Bay Lightning 2 Montreal Canadiens 3 [ Series: MTL 3-0 ]
Los Angeles Kings 2 San Jose Sharks 7 [ Series: SJ 2-0 ]
- It has been a post-season filled with firsts for the Columbus Blue Jackets; first lead in a playoff game, first over-time period, first playoff win. Tonight, Columbus returns to Nationwide Arena to go for their first playoff series lead. The Blue Jackets may get Nick Foligno back in the lineup tonight, but they are likely to be without defenseman Fedor Tyutin, who left Friday’s game with an undisclosed injury.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins went 2 for 3 on the man advantage in Game 1 of the series. They then struggled on the power play in Game 2, where they went 1 for 8. Only five of the fourteen goals in this series have occurred at even strength, so a struggling power play unit is concerning for both teams. [ NHL.com ]
- The Minnesota Wild are hoping a change in scenery can help get them back in their series with the Colorado Avalanche after losing the first two in Colorado. Head Coach Mike Yeo will finally have the advantage afforded by the last change to match up players to hopefully contain Colorado’s top line of Gabriel Landeskog, Paul Stastny, and Nathan MacKinnon. In game 2, the talented top line combined for 10 points. [ NHL.com ]
- The Chicago Blackhawks return home facing a two game deficit and will be without Brent Seabrook for the next three games. Seabrook was suspended after an illegal hit on David Backes in the closing minute of Game 2. It was a costly penalty that allowed the Blues to tie the game in the final seconds of regulation. The Blackhawks have so far been outworked and outhit by the Blues and have been unable to gain sustained puck possession in the offensive zone.
- The Dallas Stars are another team hoping their home crowd will help get them back in their series. The Stars face a 2-0 deficit with the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim has allowed the Stars to come back within a goal in both games played so far, Dallas just has run out of time.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
The Menzingers – “Good Things”
Tags: Stanley Cup Playoffs