Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoffs action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
Montreal Canadiens @ Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM CNBC [ Series Tied 0-0 ] [ Preview ]
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Pittsburgh Penguins 7:30 PM NBCSN [ Series Tied 0-0 ] [ Preview ]
Dallas Stars @ Anaheim Ducks 10:00 PM NBCSN [ Series Tied 0-0 ] [ Preview ]
- The Tampa Bay Lightning will start their series without the goaltending services of Ben Bishop, who has been sidelined with an upper body injury. A time table for return is currently unknown. Anders Lindback will be in net for Tampa Bay to take on Montreal’s Carey Price.
- The Lightning captured home ice in a shootout win over the Washington Capitals on the final day of the regular season. However, it may not make much of a difference against Montreal, who won 23 games at home and 23 games on the road. [ NHL.com ]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins may have swept the Columbus Blue Jackets in their five game series during the regular season, but they only faced Sergei Bobrovsky in one of those games. Bobrovsky surrendered three goals on thirteen shots before being pulled on November 1st. The Jackets finished the regular season strong, winning 4 of their last five. However, they will be without forwards R.J. Umberger, Nick Foligno, and Nathan Horton for tonight’s game. Umberger and Foligno could potentially return soon, but Horton will be out for the Pittsburgh series.
- Marc-Andre Fleury will use the series with the Blue Jackets to restore faith in his post-season goaltending abilities. Last year could be considered mediocre at best, as the Penguins called upon Tomas Vokoun for relief, after Fleury averaged 4.25 goals against in four appearances. [ NHL.com ]
- The Anaheim Ducks almost have too much depth at goaltender, as head coach Bruce Boudreau must choose between Jonas Hiller, Frederik Andersen, or John Gibson. Hiller is the experienced veteran and Gibson is the hot prospect, but for now it appears Andersen will get the starting nod.
- The Dallas Stars enter tonight’s game well rested and relatively healthy, something that is always an advantage in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. They are also more than likely aware of Bruce Boudreau’s long history of first round exits. The Stars will look to make history repeat itself. [ NHL.com ]
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
Imagine Dragons – “It’s Time”
Tags: Stanley Cup Playoffs