Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s NHL action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers 1:00 PM [ Preview ]
Carolina Hurricanes @ Boston Bruins 1:00 PM [ Preview ]
Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Buffalo Sabres @ New York Islanders 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
St. Louis Blues @ Nashville Predators 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Minnesota Wild 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Calgary Flames @ Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM [ Preview ]
Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings 10:30 PM [ Preview ]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have settled in comfortably in the top position in the Metropolitan Division, but the Philadelphia Flyers are clinging to the final Wild Card spot in the East.There home and home series with the Penguins is crucial if Philadelphia wants to remain in the playoff picture. The Penguins will be without James Neal, as it was announced yesterday that he will be out indefinitely with a concussion.
- The Boston Bruins currently have the longest active winning streak in the NHL. They will try to bring it to eight games today with a win over the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes fell on hard times, losing seven out of eight, but they now have two consecutive wins and have revived their playoff hopes.
- Montreal has been struggling on offense; scoring just seven goals in five games. The Canadiens went 1-4-0 in the that seven game span. The Ottawa Senators playoff hopes are looking bleak, as they will have to jump over several teams to get the final wild card spot. [ NHL.com ]
- In their last six games, the New Jersey Devils have averaged four goals against per game. New Jersey will have to tighten up defensively if they want to remain in the playoff picture. [ NHL.com ]
- Nashville went a perfect 3-0 on their three game road trip, including a big win over the Chicago Blackhawks. Tonight the face off against the top ranked team in the NHL to try to make it four in a row. However, the Blues are 18-0-2 this season against the Central Division, including four wins over the Nashville Predators. [ NHL.com ]
Today I will have it to the two cross-state rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers. I’m not the biggest fan of the Penguins uniforms, but the Pittsburgh / Philly match up does look great.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
Flogging Molly – “Drunken Lullabies”