Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s NHL action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
San Jose Sharks @New York Islanders 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM [ Preview ]
New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers 7:30 PM [ Preview ]
New York Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Nashville Predators @ Chicago Blackhawks 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Calgary Flames @ Dallas Stars 8:30 PM [ Preview ]
Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche 9:00 PM [ Preview ]
- The Vancouver Canucks got a big win over the Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday, but they lost forward Ryan Kesler in the process to an injured right knee. Kesler returned from Vancouver and will miss their remainder of the four game road trip. [ NHL.com ]
- Chicago will try to regain some lost ground against the Nashville Predators tonight. Chicago is now third in the Central Division and fifth in the Western Conference.
- The Stars return to Dallas for the first time since the Rich Peverley incident. Peverley was released from the hospital on Wednesday and visited his teammates during practice on Thursday.
- Dallas started 2014 by losing six straight. Since then, they have gone 12-5-3 and right back in the Western Conference playoff picture. [ NHL.com ]
- The Anaheim Ducks continue to lose ground in the race for the President’s Cup. The San Jose Sharks and the Colorado Avalanche are gaining ground and the Ducks trail the league leading St. Louis Blues. [ NHL.com ]
Tonight I will give the honors to the New York Rangers and the Winnipeg Jets.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
Thin Lizzy – “Whiskey In The Jar”