Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s NHL action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders 1:00 PM [ Preview ]
New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers 1:00 PM [ Preview ]
Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins 1:00 PM [ Preview ]
Florida Panthers @ Columbus Blue Jackets 2:00 PM [ Preview ]
Winnipeg Jets @ Nashville Predators 3:00 PM [ Preview ]
Tampa Bay Lighting @ Dallas Stars 3:00 PM [ Preview ]
Carolina Hurricanes @ Los Angeles Kings 4:00 PM [ Preview ]
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Chicago Blackhawks 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Calgary Flames @ Edmonton Oilers 10:00 PM [ Preview ]
- It is “Hockey Weekend Across America”, which means plenty of afternoon NHL action. Today is one of those perfect days where you can park yourself on the couch and watch NHL hockey from 1:00 PM until past midnight. Trust me, I did it last year.
- The crown jewel in tonight’s lineup of games is the 8 PM Stadium Series match up between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins. This is the final Stadium Series game of the year and will take place at Soldier Field in Chicago. The spectacle of the outdoor game has kind of worn off this year, but both teams have a star studded cast and it should be a good (and cold) game.
- Martin Brodeur gets the start for New Jersey today, with Wednesday being the trade deadline and the speculation that Brodeur may be looking for a trade, this could be the final start for Brodeur in a Devils uniform. Yup, a piece of childhood died right there. [ NHL.com ]
- With Dallas 4-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes, they extended their record to 7-1-2 over the last 10 games. According to NHL.com, they have outscored their opponents 31-13 over that period. [ NHL.com ]
- The Rangers and Flyers have a showdown in Philly today. The Rangers are ahead of the Flyers by three points in the Metropolitan Division. Either New York can pull further ahead and gain some breathing room, or Philly can pull even closer to taking over their close rivals.
I’ll have to give it to the Stadium Series game today. I am not a fan of the chromed out logos, but Chicago’s black jersey looks great and with the exception of the chrome, the Penguins jersey is better than their current set. Reebok really knocked it out of the park with these two.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
The Tossers – Emerald City
It’s March so the countdown to St. Patrick’s Day begins! With today’s Stadium Series game taking place in Chicago, I thought I would go with Chicago’s own, The Tossers for the pregame warm up. Emerald City sums up Chicago around St. Patty’s Day perfectly I think.