Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s NHL action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
Montreal Canadiens @ Pittsburgh Penguins 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Chicago Black Hawks @ New York Rangers 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
San Jose Sharks @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM [ Preview ]
Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators 7:30 PM [ Preview ]
Washington Capitals @ Florida Panthers 7:30 PM [ Preview ]
Phoenix Coyotes @ Winnipeg Jets 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Nashville Predators 8:00 PM [ Preview ]
Carolina Hurricanes @ Dallas Stars 8:30 PM [ Preview ]
Los Angeles Kings @ Calgary Flames 9:30 PM [ Preview ]
Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers 9:30 PM [ Preview ]
- Tonight is a good night to have either Gamecenter or the Center Ice package, as five of tonight’s twelve games will be on at 7:00 PM. I also like to throw NHL network on, as NHL Live tends to jump from game to game and give you live look ins at interesting moments and replays.
- The Islanders got good news yesterday; John Tavares will not require surgery to repair his torn MCL. However, the star forward is still done for the season. New York takes to the ice for the first time without their captain tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- With a win tonight, the Columbus Blue Jackets will complete a four game series sweep over fellow Metropolitan Division rival New Jersey Devils. Marian Gaborik will make his return tonight to the Columbus lineup from a broken collarbone he suffered around the Christmas break.
- The New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks game will be a feature of several Olympic gold medal game stars; the Blackhawks alone have 6 players that were either on Team Canada or Team Sweden in the Gold Medal game. Rick Nash, Carl Hagelin, and Henrik Lundqvist also featured for the Rangers.
- The Washington Capitals take on the Florida Panthers tonight and many are wondering what state Alex Ovechkin will be in. After the devestating loss at the Sochi games for Team Russia, Ovechkin’s father had a bit of a health scare (he is now recovering from heart surgery). Yesterday, Ovechkin publicly apologized for Russia’s defeat at Sochi. Will Ovechkin return with a vengeance or beaten down? Equally upset was Nicklas Backstrom, who was disqualified from the Gold medal game for taking too much allergy medication.
I went Original Six with yesterday’s best dressed, so today I will give the award to the Minnesota Wild and Edmonton Oilers. This will be a colorful match up with Edmonton blue and orange and the Wild’s dark green. I also like Minnesota’s new away uniforms.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
Less Than Jake – “Welcome To The New South”
We’ll continue with the “welcome home” theme with today’s pregame warm up song and go with a great Less Than Jake opener from their album Anthem.