Channel Surfing is Too Many Men On The Site’s quick guide to tonight’s NHL action, as well as any other interesting broadcasts in the world of hockey. Included is a list of the scheduled games, game notes, as well as a pregame warm up song.
Olympics – Men’s Hockey Quarterfinals
Sweden vs Slovenia 3:00 AM
Finland vs Russia 7:30 AM
Canada vs Latvia 12:00 PM
United States vs Czech Republic 12:00 PM
- Here is the updated bracket for the Men’s hockey tournament:
- No Women’s hockey today, but the excitement is already building for tomorrow’s United States vs Canada gold medal showdown! If the first game between the two is any indication, tomorrow’s gold medal game has the makings to be one of the best hockey games at Sochi.
- The majority of predictions had Canada facing Switzerland today at noon, however, Latvia stunned everyone with their 3-1 upset victory over the Swiss. Now the Latvians have their sights on the ultimate upset: taking down one of hockey’s super powers. The Canadians are heavily favored, and likely to win by a large margin, but that won’t stop Latvia from trying to play the role of the spoiler.
- Russia surprisingly did not get a first round bye, and instead had to play Norway yesterday in the Qualification round. The Russians won handily 4-0. Today they match up against Finland at 7:30 AM.
- The United States faces a Czech Republic squad that defeated Slovakia in an offensive battle, 5-3 yesterday in the qualification round. Jonathan Quick is expected to start in goal for the US.
I’ll give today’s best dressed to Sweden and Slovenia. In my rankings I wasn’t very kind to the Slovenian jerseys, but I think the blue and neon green will go well with the yellow and blue of Sweden, making for a very colorful match up.
TMMOTS Pregame Warm Up Song:
Kenny Loggins – “Danger Zone”
“Too close for missiles, I’m switching to guns!”
-T.J. Oshie during Saturday’s shootout
Topics: 2014 Sochi Olympics