- The Canucks visit a struggling Sabres team that is in the midst of numorous trade rumors around the league. Zack Kassian will make his first return to Buffalo after being traded in 2012. Can the Canucks win their third straight road game and begin to turn their season into what is expected from them and new head coach John Tortorella?
7:00PM EDT RSNE, MSG+ Edmonton Oilers at New York Islanders
- The New York Islanders are coming off a disappointing loss to the Buffalo Sabres in a shootout. They’ll look to turn it around on home ice against the struggling Edmonton team that is still battling goaltending issues. On the other side, Edmonton will look to snap their four game losing streak.
7:00PM EDT NHLN, ROOT, CSP Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers
- One of the great rivalries in the NHL, the Penguins will go across the state of Pennsylvania to take on the Flyers. The Flyers have had a rough go so far this season, and the Penguins have easily rolled through so far. The Flyers will look to get their first win in four games against a talented Penguins lineup.
7:00PM EDT SS, LTV Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs
- The Carolina Hurricanes have started the season well getting points in four of six games. Toronto has started well winning six of their seven. Carlina will go into Toronto looking to get back on the right track winning games in regulation, rather than losing them in overtime. Toronto will look to stay hot and bring home another win, showing they’re not just a fluke.
7:30PM EDT RDS, FSOH, TSN Columbus Blue Jackets at Montreal Canadiens
- Columbus will go into Montreal tonight looking for a win after dropping their last two. The Canadiens goaltending and defense has been exceptional, and against the Columbus offense that hasn’t been too great, it will be a big test for the Blue Jackets who have relied heavily on Vezina winning goalie Sergei Bobrovsky so far this season.
7:30PM EDT MSG+2, RSNO New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators
- New Jersey travels to Ottawa still looking for their first win of the season. Ottawa on the other hand will look to turn their slow start around on their own home ice. Ottawa started the season on a six game road trip and will finally return home for their home hopener against the Devils.
7:30PM EDT FSNO, SUN Minnesota Wild at Tampa Bay Lightning
- The Minnesota Wild will start Josh Harding once again tonight, but Nicklas Backstrom will be on the bench to back him up. The Lightning have found a burst of offense lately, but Martin St. Louis will be a game time decision for the Bolts tonight. Ben Bishop will get the nod in net for the Lightning once again as he’s off to a hot start inbetween the pipes.
7:30PM EDT NESN, FSFL Boston Bruins at Florida Panthers
- Tim Thomas looks like he’s good to go tonight, and what great timing as his former team that he led to a Stanley Cup will be in town to take on the Panthers. Tim Thomas against Tuukka Rask. Does it get any better? No, I don’t think it does, so if your team has the night off, this should be a great one to watch. Drama always makes for an exciting game.
8:00PM EDT FSMW, CSCH St. Louis Blues at Chicago Blackhawks
- Chicago returns home looking for revenge after the Blues beat them 3-2 last week on rivlary night on NBCSN. The Blues are off to a great start, and the Blackhawks are doing the same. The divisional rivals will clash again, and Chicago will look to use home ice to their advantage.
8:00PM EDT FSW, FSTN Los Angeles Kings at Nashville Predators
- The Kings haven’t been the greatest team so far this season, but they’ve found ways to win. The Kings have won three of their last four and will look for continued success tonight on the road. The Predators have also won three of their last four after a slow start, and they’ll be looking for their third straight win tonight.
8:30PM EDT CSCA, FSSW San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars
- The Sharks have been off the charts this season. Started 6-0-0, and have outscored their opponents by 21, the highest goal differential in the NHL. They will go into Dallas tonight looking to extend their winning streak, but the Stars will look to play the upset without starting goalie Kari Lehtonen.
9:00PM EDT FSD, ALT Detroit Red Wings at Colorado Avalanche
- The Red Wings have won three straight and have looked rather impressive as of late, but the Aves have been dominant so far this season. The Aves have won all six games this season, and look to go for their seventh in a row tonight against the Red Wings.