Last week I had the unique experience of getting to ask Mike Fisher of the Nashville Predators some questions. I thought however that I shouldn’t be selfish with this opportunity so I gathered questions from his fans. Questions were submitted to me by fans on twitter and even by some writers on this site as well as some from our friends over at Predlines. I gathered all of them together and sent them all to Mike. Before I get into the actual interview I would like to thank Kevin Wilson for getting me in touch with Mike, and Mike for being awesome and answering these questions. Plus one final super special thank you to everyone who sent me questions without you there would be no interview. So, without further ado here are the ten questions Mike answered for you.
1. What was your favourite team growing up?
Toronto Maple Leafs and the Edmonton Oilers
2. Who is your funniest teammate?
3. How would you compare markets/fans from your previous team to Nashville?
“Very similar support from fans.” He credits Nashville fans to being “more gracious.” Says that Nashville has “good fans.”
4. What are the similarities between Ottawa and Nashville?
“Similar cities in size” “lots to do downtown” for both cities, good outdoor activities like hunting and fishing.
5. How do you spend your days off?
Hunting, fishing, golf if it is a nice day, or just relaxing.
6. Who is your hockey hero and have you ever met him?
Wayne Gretzky and no.
7. Did you have any advice for Martin Erat when he was named Alternate Captain?
“Not really, he’s been around. He didn’t really need much coaching.”
8. What was your most memorable game with the Predators?
“Beating Detroit in the playoffs last year at home.”
9. In three words how would you describe coach Barry Trotz?
1. Understanding 2. Good communicator 3. Smart
10. What is your opinion on fighting in hockey, is it’s time up?
“No, I think fighting is part of the game and should stay.”