Just a few things tonight that aren’t really worthy of a whole post..
- Minnesota’s leading scorer Mike Hoeffel is out for a couple weeks with mono. After the Jay Barribal injury, the last thing the Gophers need is another good offensive player out. Jordan Schroeder better stay locked in his apartment. The Gophers, 7th in the WCHA, play a home and home with St. Cloud this weekend.
- INCH recorded a new podcast tonight. It should be up by the time you read this, but who knows. They asked their twitter followers (@INCH) for topics. Mine were their favorite arenas and how much Brad Eidsness sucks. We’ll see if they made the cut.
- The WCHA is likely to allow all 12 teams into the playoffs next year, with 6 going to the Xcel Energy Center. But they will keep the Final Five name. I’ll probably have a full post on this.
- We’ll end with some stats nuggets. James Marcou (7-30–37, 1.68 ppg) is leading the nation in ppg and is this year’s Bryan Leitch. Yale’s Broc Little (14 G, .82 gpg) leads the country in goals per game, whereas Cory Conacher (Canisius) and Casey Wellman (UMass) lead the nation in total goals. Cody Reichard (Miami) Marc Cheverie (Denver) and Pat Nagle (Ferris State) lead the country in save percentage, with a .932 mark
- Two future Red Wings, Wisconsin’s Brendan Smith and Maine’s Gustav Nyquist, are in the top 6 in ppg